Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Free Money!

I have been tutoring precalculus to a couple of girls in my ward the past month. I have really, really enjoyed using my degree again, and it has been nice to get some extra cash! Alan and I decided to use the money I've made so far to buy some little pieces of furniture we've been wanting for our house (rather than putting the money in savings, which we probably should have done. Ha!)

Here's the result after a fun run to IKEA: a new entryway that solves our lack-of-coat-closet problem!

Here is our new sofa table with a shoe rack that fits PERFECTLY underneath!

Also, we bought a coat rack!

I'm loving my new entryway, and I'm already planning on more little things I would like to buy for our house. Bring on the tutoring!!!!


This post has a bonus picture: my almost-25-week bump shot, and me in my new glasses! (I think after nine years of the same old glasses, I deserved a new pair, don't you?)

10 comments:

Mom said...

Cute glasses and cute bump.

Ashley said...

You are so cute! How are you feeling? I love the new additions; very classy. I wish IKEA was closer than Chicago for me. And it is nice to be able to do something useful for someone else and be paid for it, huh?!

Amanda said...

Holy nine years?! That is nuts! They look great. And so do you! I love the bump picture!

Jamie and Ben said...

Cute entryway, cute baby bump, and dang cute glasses. Nine years?! You definitely deserved some new ones! (not that the old ones were bad =)

Amy said...

That looks like a great solution and how fun to have some extra money so you could do that! Your glasses look great! It's probably time I update mine, too... and your bump is beautiful!! Congrats!

AndersenFamily said...

I love the glasses and you look great! It was fun seeing you the other day, we really should get together soon.

Alisa said...

Not exactly "free" money, you earned it! I think that's great, and I'm glad you did some things that are fun with it. Love the new furniture, glasses, and baby!

Ruth said...

What a cute baby bump! We're so excited for you guys! I'm teaching piano now, and Jared and I do the same thing with that money - get those little necessities/wants instead of putting it into savings. You have to have a little fun. :)

Brooke said...

Ha, I was going to say the exact same thing as Mom. Cute house and cute owner!

Shell said...

Whenever Mike and I get extra money I'm always asking for more furniture :) I applaud your spending spree! you guys seem to be so careful of all the money you spend.