Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Birthday Party

Well, we wiped our laptop clean this weekend and *I hope* things are faster now so that I can get back into blogging. I downloaded tons of pictures today and have a lot to write about. First up, Jared's birthday party...



We had a Backwards Birthday theme. I got the idea online, and it seemed fun for some of Jared's older friends but was over the heads of some of his younger friends. Oh, well. I wrote the invitations so that they had to be read in a mirror and we asked everyone to wear their clothes backwards. Friends were greeted by a "Birthday Happy" sign on our front door, and all of the balloons and other decorations were upside down. The treats were cupcakes inside of ice cream cones, and the kids had to sit on backwards folding chairs! We played backwards games, sang "Birthday Happy to You," and read a story about a family who does things wrong all of the time. There were several minor things that went awry with the party, but none of the kids noticed and they had fun, which is what is important. It was a good learning experience for me.



Maggie enjoyed setting up for the party, too!



We played Pin the Tail on the Donkey, and the winner was the person whose tail was farthest away from the correct spot. Jared didn't want me to take his picture.







Some of the guests at the party with their Eeyore tails. I didn't get a better picture of everyone together. Oops.

Opening presents

Story time!

Jared enjoying two of his presents--finger paint and his Toy Story T-shirt.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a fun idea for a birthday party! I love it! You are SO creative and such a fun mom!

Paul and Court said...

What a cute idea! Looks like Jared had a great birthday. :)

Ashley said...

Good job getting blogs up! Fun birthday party and family vacations!

Amy said...

What a cute idea, Jenny! Love this party!