Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chilled Peach Soup

Before I married Alan, I went on a cruise with my family where there was a different chilled soup served each night with dinner: strawberry soup, peach soup, rhubarb soup, pear soup, etc.  They were served cold and in a soup bowl.

I found this yummy recipe a year ago for chilled peach soup, and I thought I'd share it because it is a nice way to use up some of your fall peaches:

Chilled Peach Soup

3 cups fresh peaches
3 T lemon juice
2 cups half-and-half
1 cup milk
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup sugar

Mix it all in a blender, and then I like to sprinkle some nutmeg on top.  Yummy!  I have also used fat-free half-and-half, or even just milk instead of the half-and-half.  It is still nice and thick because of the yogurt.

Today Alan and I ate some of this soup as a side dish with our waffles.  I felt so fancy.  :)


No comments: