I had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday. It was my first real one. We had a wonderful time with our families. My husband is so good to me--he was the main chef at our big family dinner!
Last year Alan wrote me a beautiful sonnet for Mother's Day. I was pregnant at the time. He is a very talented poet, and I enjoy the romantic that he is. I'd like to share it with you. (You English critics should appreciate the iambic pentameter and rhyme scheme!)
How wonderful that special thrill I feel
To know that our pure love will never cease.
I marvel at this bond we share: so real,
So pure, so true. Can anything increase
Our happiness and harmony complete?
God's gift of life will cause our love to grow
As we behold the marvelous and sweet
Miracle of birth. We will come to know
Far greater joy than we can comprehend
As we devote our hearts and hands to him--
Our precious son. This love will never end,
But saturate our souls up to the brim.
Dear, I cannot comprehend another
Joy so grand as seeing you a mother.
7 comments:
Oh, what a great sonnet, just like it's out of a Shakespeare play! It's been a LONG TIME since I've read any iambic pentameter. He did a great job :)
that is such a cute picture of you two!
What a wonderful peom! Thanks for sharing it.
Awwwh! Are you sure Alan's calling in life is to be an accountant?
Beautiful sonnet and beautiful mother! Lucky boy to have two such wonderful parents. Happy 1st Mother's Day.
Jenny what a beautiful poem!!! Happy Mothers day!!
Very nice, Alan!
Post a Comment