In our bedroom we have a lovely bay window area that up until now has been a big vacant patch of carpet. When we were moving in, several people in my family commented how cute a little bistro table and a couple of chairs would look there. At the time I thought, Yeah, right. Like we'll ever have money for something like that. Anyway, last weekend we drove by a yard sale and saw this fabulous little trio for sale, brand new and still in the box!! (Never mind the fact that the whole reason why we stopped at the yard sale was because we saw bookcases for sale--something we need more and didn't actually end up buying. Ha!) It was just such a fabulous deal that we were quite positive that we were never going to find something we liked better for cheaper. I think that this little set makes such a lovely addition to our bedroom. Don't you?
"And with stout hearts look ye forth till tomorrow. God will protect you; then do what is right!" STOUTHEARTED (adj): having or showing no fear when faced with something dangerous, difficult, or unknown. SYNONYMS: audacious, aweless, bold, brave, courageous, dauntless, fearless, gallant, heroic, intrepid, lionhearted, manful, manly, plucky, stalwart, valiant, valorous
Friday, September 18, 2009
Little Splurge
Last week we did something we (almost) NEVER do. We bought something that we didn't actually need but really wanted. Aaauuggghhh! Part of me still feels guilty about it.
In our bedroom we have a lovely bay window area that up until now has been a big vacant patch of carpet. When we were moving in, several people in my family commented how cute a little bistro table and a couple of chairs would look there. At the time I thought, Yeah, right. Like we'll ever have money for something like that. Anyway, last weekend we drove by a yard sale and saw this fabulous little trio for sale, brand new and still in the box!! (Never mind the fact that the whole reason why we stopped at the yard sale was because we saw bookcases for sale--something we need more and didn't actually end up buying. Ha!) It was just such a fabulous deal that we were quite positive that we were never going to find something we liked better for cheaper. I think that this little set makes such a lovely addition to our bedroom. Don't you?
In our bedroom we have a lovely bay window area that up until now has been a big vacant patch of carpet. When we were moving in, several people in my family commented how cute a little bistro table and a couple of chairs would look there. At the time I thought, Yeah, right. Like we'll ever have money for something like that. Anyway, last weekend we drove by a yard sale and saw this fabulous little trio for sale, brand new and still in the box!! (Never mind the fact that the whole reason why we stopped at the yard sale was because we saw bookcases for sale--something we need more and didn't actually end up buying. Ha!) It was just such a fabulous deal that we were quite positive that we were never going to find something we liked better for cheaper. I think that this little set makes such a lovely addition to our bedroom. Don't you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Love it!
I LOVE it! By the way, we really need to get together :)
I love the cute table and chairs! What a perfect addition to your bedroom. And what a darling stocking for Jesus to fill.
Love, Mom
It looks very nice!
Totally cute! I'm glad you found something so great. Isn't it fun when you find a great deal, and then you actually decide to buy it!
It looks great--totally worth it.
Great find! We still haven't acted on our seat cushion idea for the bay window in our bedroom, and we've lived here over 4 years.
Just perfect!
Oh, you have fulfilled my vision of that space in your room. Now I'm officially jealous.
It is so lovely Jenny! What a fun find!
Dang! If I'd found that at a yard sale, I would've snatched it up too! So you didn't NEED it, but you got a great deal and it didn't blow out your budget. Occasionally that's okay.
Post a Comment