My day-old child lay in my arms.
With my lips against his ear
I whispered strongly, "How I wish--
I wish that you could hear;
"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and nod),
Hurry, hurry, hurry and grow
So I can tell you about God."
My day-old baby's mouth was still
And my words only tickled his ear.
But a kind of light passed through his eyes,
And I saw this thought appear:
"How I wish I had a voice and words;
I've a hundred things to say.
Before I forget I'd tell you of God--
I left Him yesterday."
~Carol Lynn Pearson
2 comments:
She is so sweet! I love all the pictures! I'd love to see more! :) I'm so glad things went so well with the birth and everything! And what a beautiful poem, thanks for sharing it.
I love this poem! I'm sure we have all felt those exact sentiments as we hold our babies in anticipation of the life ahead, and those tender reminders come of how perfect and pure they are- yes, they just left God.
Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Post a Comment