Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bear Lake

Jared and some of my nieces and nephews testing the waters at Bear Lake


Recently we returned from our 3rd annual family reunion on my side of the family. Three summers ago we stayed in a big cabin in West Yellowstone, and last year we stayed in the beautiful home where my sister-in-law grew up in Idaho, not far from Bear Lake. This year we decided to repeat the Idaho location since Maggie was such a tiny baby and my sister-in-law is due in a month with her baby. We had tons of fun (other than the sore throats that went around!) and spent lots of good time together as a family. I wish I had a picture of the whole gang! I can't wait to do it again next summer!

Alan and my brothers and bro-in-law dunking the picnic tables at the beach to get rid of the spiders

Alan and my brothers and my dad on the beach. This picture is missing my brother-in-law.

My mom and I at the entrance of the Paris Ice Cave

Jared and my dad are hiking buddies on the way to Bloomington Lake

On the way to Bloomington Lake

Jared and Alan at Bloomington Lake. It was still frozen!

Me, my mom, Mags, Jared, and my niece Christina taking a rest

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I can't believe the lake was still frozen! I love the picnic table in the lake.

LuckyMatt said...

Nice report. That was a fun trip.