This post is dedicated to all the wimps out there, I being the biggest of them all.
Jared and I have been sick this week. Nothing big, just sore throats and sniffles and such. However, this is the first time I have been sick since the Buddy was born. It has been SOOO hard! I told Alan last night that I think it was easier being sick and still having to go to school and teach, because I just did what I had to do and dealt with it. However, I think it is so horrible to be home with my bed so close, literally mocking me: "Ha, ha, you just wish that you could take a nap, don't you?" I have spent the entire past three days just wishing I had the freedom to take a nap and recuperate. But alas, one of the biggest sacrifices of motherhood (arguably the biggest sacrifice) is losing the ability to take a nap whenever you wish. One would think that Jared, being sick as well, would have needed extra sleep, but he hasn't. He just keeps going and going.
I have to acknowledge you mothers out there that have likewise dealt with this, especially if you have had more than one child sick at a time. You are amazing. Maybe some day I will toughen up.
4 comments:
I always used to give the kids some children's tylenol cold or something, and it made them sleepy, which let ME take a nap.
Unfortunately the ADA or FFA or whatever came out recently, telling parents NOT to give their children under two years old cold medicine. I've been using this trick for years. Hopefully I didn't do any long term damage to my children.
I hope you're feeling better, Bee.
Sorry Jenny,Hope you feel well soon.
I can SO relate! You just love your kiddies so much, but wouldn't a little afternoon nap sometimes be nice? Or to sleep in on Sat? Maybe someday...
Post a Comment