
I've just had it! About five days ago I told Alan that Jared had had the "worst" blowout ever when I changed his diaper in the morning. Today's blowout topped even that, by a HUGE margin. There's nothing grosser than having poop smeared all over his tummy and back and legs, not to mention the fact that it gets on his arms and head when I remove his jammies and onesie.
When Jared was first born, I had all kinds of diaper brands to try out, thanks to the baby shower I had with my extended family. We decided that we liked Target brand diapers the best (well, the best for the price we wanted to pay). Then when Jared started sleeping 12 hours through the night around 6 months old, we decided to use Huggies as his night-time diaper, since they were even better. We have continued to use Target diapers during the day and Huggies at night.
My question for my mommy blogger friends is if there is even a better option for night time use. Jared does NOT need a bigger size diaper yet (he is size 5), so that's not the issue. I have always thought that Huggies were the best you could get, but maybe there are special night diapers out there that I do not know about. Help!
9 comments:
Personally, Huggies did not work well for Katie. We found that Pampers worked the best for her shape. Because every baby is shaped differently each brand of diaper works better on some and not on others. You might just have to experiment with other brands again now that he is bigger. Good luck with that! There truly is nothing grosser than a poopy blowout!! Here's hoping you don't have any more! :)
And keep us posted on your house hunting adventures!
Yuck! That is horrible to wake up too. Gabe leaks through his diapers at night with pee. I double diaper him and that helps a lot. For awhile I put size 4 on first then size 5 on top. I have used White Cloud with him but those got discontinued. :( So I am at a diaper loss with him too. I tried Luvs one night with him last week and the actual diaper exploded, silicone beads all over Gabe. Luvs are BAD in my book.I am currently using Parents Choice and Target but neither hold his pee at night.
Sorry I was long winded. Go with Reynolds Fam suggestion and try Pampers.
We actually use the same-Target and Huggies. I like them both, so I guess I am no help. I did want to say congrats on Alan's new job and on the house hunting. I am happy for you guys!
I am a Huggies and pampers person, but mainly huggies b/c we get them at costco. And as for using a size 5, maybe your using a size to big, and so that the reason it's leaving the diaper. Ash is 28 months and wears a four.
One of our friends had a the same problem. She found Huggies Over-nights worked the best at night. Good luck, what a pain!
Maybe it's just me, but I'd stick my hands in poo if I could pick between that and cleaning up puke!! (Especially if the puke is matted in Emma's hair!!!)
Huggies are my favorite. But, I have tried luvs, pampers, store brands, and have found them all to hold about the same amount of pee, that amount being not enough, especially at night (except store brands seem to hold even less, according to my experiments--but I haven't tried the Target brand)
Did you know that all those diaper companies actually put chemicals in the diaper to help them NOT absorb as well as they used to? They even teach you about it in some chemistry classes!
My mom says she would put a disposable diaper on us in the morning and the diaper held pee in so well that she could leave it on all day, unless we pooped.
Guess the diaper people weren't getting enough money???!!!
Good luck! If you find a solution, then tell me! I've thought about double diapering or night diapers, but I can't get myself to spend the extra money!! I just know that I'll probably be putting on a new sheet each morning, and occasionally after naps!
We are LUVS fans....it is the only brand we have found to work with our kids. Good Luck!
I know exactly how you feel. I think a brand called Parent's Choice might be better than Huggies, at least they were for Marianne. Good luck with that!!
I've found that Huggies are better for boys than Pampers in general. But I'm with Katie - I think he might be in a size too big. You might also want to try limiting how much he eats and drinks before bedtime. Patrick doesn't poo at night, but that may just be him. You could also try adding more fiberless foods to his dinner menu. That way the poo will be more solid and less likely to get EVERYWHERE. That's pretty nasty. Sorry about that.
Post a Comment