Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Preschool Activities

For various reasons, we decided not to enroll Jared in 3-year-old preschool this year. We are going to wait until he's four.

However, I would like to hold some learning sessions with him just by myself while Maggie takes her morning nap. I think it would be fun for him and get him excited when he's stuck inside with snowy weather. I'm sure I can find a million websites with activities, but I thought I would first take recommendations from my blogging friends. I'm not looking for something as formal as Joy School, but maybe a website where I can print out free activities to help Jared learn more about the alphabet and numbers. Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Jess said...

Enchanted Learning. I have a password if you are interested (I don't remember it, I'll have to get it from school). :) We got one for summer camp.

Jenny and Al said...

I found this one today, called Preschool Palace.

http://preschoolpalace.org/default.aspx

However, I would still love more ideas and suggestions!

Amy said...

I think I talked about this with you. I'm planning on doing the same thing and as I've prepared for it, I keep coming back to these three sites:
http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.com

http://homeschoolcreations.blogspot.com
http://www.amommysadventures.com

The first two have lots of awesome ideas for the ABCs and the last one has some great art projects that go with certain storybooks.

Good luck!

Jennifer said...

I found lots of great websites when Katelee and I had 'mommy school' last year. One site that is so wonderful just for a game or activity is called TodayIsFun.com. Not exactly a preschool/learning website, but still a GREAT one for any mom trying to keep their little ones busy!

AOlson said...

I've used http://letteroftheweek.com/

Justin, Kalee, Jackson, Ava and Gabriella Peacock said...

Jackson loved starfall.com
Your kids are so cute! We might be coming to UT for Christmas and I would love to see you if we do...I will keep you posted!:)

Jodie said...

We love starfall.com as well. We also have used http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/here-it-is-e-book-full-of-preschool-activities-and-ideas-free-to-everyone
and http://perpetualpreschool.com/

have fun!

Michelle said...

www.abchomepreschool.com/FreeColoringPages/Alphabet.htm

everythingpreschool.com

These are the two sites that I am using the most - I love them!